Former protein biochemist at Harvard & McGill University turned software engineer/data scientist. Started software engineer journey in 2014 after having co-founded a successful creative agency. Equipped with 5 years of full-stack development experience and 1 year of professional data science experience. Prior NCAA student athlete that brings a disciplined and hardworking attitude to any team or project.
Lightspeed 2019-03-01 — 2020-05-01
- Automated the company's GTV (Gross Transactional Volume) metric calculation. Involved building an anomaly detection classification model to flag fake transactions. The V1 random forest model was then later simplied to a median absolute deviation from median algorithm to improve the model's interpretability.
- Developed the team's Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
- Worked daily with advanced/expert level SQL concepts and often with large/complex queries (500+ line)
Lightspeed 2018-10-01 — 2019-03-01
- Initial team member of the company's first microservice team. Involved in all early stage discussions/planning of the microservice related to infrastructure, deployment, database, monitoring, etc.
- Developed a large portion of the initial POC in Golang.
- Engineered a docker-compose setup to make local development of the service much more efficient
Shutterstock 2016-08-01 — 2018-10-01
- Full stack developer on the office's internal tools team. Built web applications (Python + React + Jenkins + k8s) for other teams at the company, to ease/automate their processes.
Harvard University 2014-07-01 — 2015-11-01
- Part of a multi-disciplinary team involved in designing a therapeutic device for the treament of sepsis.
- Expressed, purified, and characterized novel fusion proteins for various therapeutic applications.
100 Danish 2013-10-01 — 2020-05-01
- Co-founder/CTO of the six team-member creative agency
- Lead developer on 5 full-stack (Python + React + GCP/Terraform) web application development projects. Often interfaced directly with external clients to understand the project's goals and features.
Berg Health 2013-06-01 — 2014-07-01
- Cultivated hybridoma cells to produce monoclonal antibodies which were later affinity purified on AKTA Pure system
- Developed several diagnostic ELISA assays with in-house purified monoclonal antibodies
iNERDE 2014-01-01 — 2015-01-01
Traveled to Bamako, Mali during the summer of 2014 to teach STEM to children during our summer camp.
Avalon Volunteer Fire Department 2010-05-01 — 2013-05-01
Avalon Rescue Squad 2010-05-01 — 2013-05-01
McGill University 2016-01-01 — 2016-06-01
York College of Pennsylvania 2009-09-01 — 2013-05-01
York College "10 Under '10" Award
Honorable Mention for Excellence in Research
Athletic Honor Roll
Full Stack Development
- React + Typescript
- Cloud Infrastructure (GCP + AWS)
- Supervised Learning
- Unsupervised Learning
- pandas + numpy
- Web Scraping